|86-216: Statistical mechanics 2|
|86-844: Physical biology of the cell|
- Theoretical studies of polymers and complex fluids, including hydrodynamics of polymer solutions, interfacial phenomena, charged and associating polymers, gels, liquid crystals, fluctuating membranes and granular media; non-equilibrium statistical mechanics: interdiffusion, flow effects on phase transitions, kinetics of phase transitions.
- 1. Physics of biological systems.
- 2. Theoretical studies in soft condensed matter physics, including polymers, gels, polyelectrolytes, liquid crystals, granular materials, fluctuating membranes, etc.
- 3. Phase transitions in complex systems: effects of intramolecular degrees of freedom and of confinement.
- 4. Statistical physics of interacting systems with frozen disorder.
- 5. Topological defects in solids and the physics of melting.
- B.Sc. in Physics: Tel-Aviv University, 1974
- M.Sc. in Physics: Tel-Aviv University, 1976
- Ph.D. in Chemistry: Tel-Aviv University, 1980
- 1991-present Professor
- Department of Physics
- Bar-Ilan University
- Ramat-Gan, Israel
- 1986-1991 Associate Professor Department of Chemical Physics The Weizmann Institute of Science Rehovot, Israel
- 1983-1985 Senior Staff Scientist Center for Studies of Nonlinear Dynamics, La Jolla Institute, La Jolla, CA
- 1981-1983 Lecturer Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry University of California Los Angeles, CA
- 1980-1981 Research Scientist Max Planck Institute for Quantum Optics Garching, Germany
- VISITING PROFESSOR
- 1986-1988 La Jolla Institute, La Jolla, CA
- 1989 College de France, Paris, France
- 1989 Institute for Theoretical Physics,Santa Barbara, CA
- 1990 James Franck Institute, Chicago, IL
- 1990-1991 Materials Department, UCSB, Santa Barbara, CA
- 1991 Exxon Research and Engineering, Annandale, NJ
- 1991 Department of Chemistry, USC, Los Angeles, CA
- 1993 Yukawa Institute for Theoretical Physics Kyoto, Japan
- 1995--1996 Center for Studies in Physics and Biology, Rockefeller University, New York, NY
- 1997 Curie Institute, Paris, France
- 1997-1998 Center for Studies in Physics and Biology, Rockefeller University, New York, NY
- 2002 Aspen Center for Physics, Aspen, CO
- FELLOWSHIPS AND AWARDS
- Bat-Sheva de Rothschild Foundation Fellow 1986-1987.
- The Annual (E.D. Bergman) Award of the Israeli Chemical Society, 1988.
- PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Israeli Physical Society
- American Physical Society
- Materials Research Society